WORCESTER DIVISION OF PUBLIC HEALTH INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM AT WDPH
The Worcester Division of Public Health (WDPH) is seeking applicants for the Public Health Internship program. Public Health Interns will complete a one semester rotation within one of WDPH’s Offices or Departments. This public health program is an unfunded experience for current graduate and undergraduate students in good standing at United States-based Colleges and Universities.
The WDPH Internship Program provides an unparalleled opportunity for professional growth and development as a public health practitioner and will prepare the student to be an ambassador for the important work of WDPH in his/her professional discipline, work setting, or community. The student will have frequent contact with WDPH’s public health experts in one of a wide-range of disciplines including: Environmental Health, Community Health, Epidemiology and Communicable Diseases, Health and Medical Preparedness, Youth Opportunities, or any one of the Worcester Academic Health Collaborative Departments with UMASS Medical, Clark University, and Worcester State University.
The student will have an opportunity to participate in training and development activities at WDPH that may include:
- – Orientation to WDPH and government office work
- – Attendance at seminars/webinars available to all WDPH staff
- – Exposure to WDPH program analysis and evaluation methodologies
- – Shadowing WDPH staff across a wide range of public health disciplines
- – Assisting WDPH staff in collecting, analyzing, and reporting on public health data
All internship opportunities are unpaid.
2017 INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES